I was in a meeting this morning with our development team, and we have a desire to run some load tests against Drupal. We want to find out how Drupal performs on a standard Amazon EC2 small instance. We believe LoadStorm can do a good job of stressing an out-of-the-box Drupal application implementation. Not sure if we want to use a LAMP or MS stack yet, and we are open for suggestions.
Anybody interested in this type of tech study?
With the load testing information, we want to try some Drupal performance tuning. Finding bottlenecks, adjusting configuration, implementing caching, tweaking the database.
So, I started researching the topic and want to share some of the interesting links that I have found thus far. If you like these, please let me know. If you have any to add, please share those with us in a comment. Feel free to link to some of your own content that may be relevant.
- Comparison of Drupal, Joomla, Typo3 Performance – http://blogs.helion-prime.com/alexshapovalov/2008/05/19/typo3-joomla-and-drupal-cmss-performance-testing.html
- Links and Resources on Performance Optimization for Drupal – http://2bits.com/articles/links-and-resources-on-drupal-performance-tuning-and-optimization.html
- Drupal Performance Tuning – http://groups.drupal.org/node/16126
- Drupal Caching Speed and Performance – http://drupal.org/node/326504
- Server Tuning – http://drupal.org/node/2601 Apache is bandwidth limited, PHP is CPU limited, and MySQL is memory limited and disk I/O bound.
- Case Study about Op-code Caching – http://2bits.com/articles/php-op-code-caches-accelerators-a-must-for-a-large-site.html – very good, but very specific. Uses Munin for monitoring tool graphs http://munin.projects.linpro.no/
- Tuning MySQL for Drupal – http://drupal.org/node/51263
- Performance Tuning Apache & MySQL for Drupal – http://drupal.org/node/215516
- Does anyone offer Drupal performance tuning services? – http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/consulting/2009-April/003300.html